1. Download the Anaconda installer.
2. Double click the installer to launch.
3. Click Next to continue.
4. Read the licensing terms and click “I Agree”.
5. Select an install for "All Users" (this requires administrator privileges on the computer) and click Next.
6. Click "Yes" to allow the installer to make changes to your computer.
7. Select a destination folder that is accessible to the users, the default is
8. After your install is complete, open Computer Management, navigate to Local Users and Groups. Create a new group for your Anaconda users. Add users to this new group, Anaconda-Users.
9. Navigate to your Anaconda directory and then go to the Properties. Uncheck the box for Attrributes: Read-only and save changes. Go to the Security tab and click Edit. From there you can add Anaconda-Users and set permissions. Your group will need read and write privileges.
SEE ALSO: Administering a multi-user conda installation for more help on how to set default channels, disallow certain packages, add tokens for private Anaconda repositories, and other rules for all users by using a centralized admin controlled.condarc.