The following instructions are for configuring a multi-user workstation with Anaconda or Miniconda to work with your local Anaconda Repository:
- Install Anaconda or Miniconda to a directory that can be shared by the users.
Examples: , , , or .
Make sure that users have the correct permissions/privileges for this directory.
conda install anaconda-client
- Set your installation to download packages from your Anaconda Repository:
conda config --add default_channels http://server_url:port/conda/anaconda --system
- Now you can set Anaconda to allow the uploading of packages to the user account on your local Anaconda Repository:
anaconda config --set sites.site_name.url https://server_url:port/api -s
anaconda config --set default_site site_name
- Make sure to use the correct URL and port, site_name can be anything you choose.
- Test your connection by logging in as a user on your local Anaconda Repository.